Ep1kscape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeWebclientRulesLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Guide] How To Make A Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aj

Aj

Helper
Vetran
Respected
Infractions Amount : 0

[Guide] How To Make A Guide Empty
PostSubject: [Guide] How To Make A Guide   [Guide] How To Make A Guide EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 1:41 pm

todays guide is based on "How to make a guide" this guide goes to the beginners who are not so experienced with making guides and providing details.

Remember: Your guide could be about anything, how to solo boss, how to get 99 Skills, etc..

So lets begin with step 1:

Plan your guide, think what your going to add to your guide, to make it easy and understandable to everyone. Think what kind of words your going to say. This makes it easy for the players to understand. Think about taking images, providing and adding details. To make it look like a very decent guide.

Here's a list on what you SHOULD add to your guide.

Guide List:
Details = this is to make it easier for the people to understand.
Paragraphing = each new thing your talking about, make a new paragraph, makes your guide look nice and clear.
Images, this makes it easier for the players where to go and locations of certain things, depending on your guide.
An Introduction = introduce your guide, explain whats your guide is going to be about.
Steps = Steps is to make it like guide lines, such as step 1 go there, step 2 go inside that cave, etc...
Step 2: Layout of your guide and order

Now, this is how you should setup your guide in the following order:

1. Introduction
2. Step 1/2/3 etc..
3. Make sure you provide details
4. whenever you need to put images, do it
5. Add colour, this is coming on step 3
6. Dont forget paragraphing
7. End your guide.

Step 3: Adding colour to your guide

This is where people make mistakes, alot of people do it. Putting bad colors to their guide, like purple with orange, green, and red, and mixed up stuff. You should use colors that match each other. For example, these are three colors that i always use on my guides.

- Lime green
- Red
- White

there are also times where you should use colors.

Step 4: When should i use colors?

You should use colors when it comes to key words, such as should. Simply color it red and underline it, so people know that its a key word.
Use colors when it comes to an important part. I do not recommend people coloring all their text, gives it a bad quality. Use them properly. When people add colors everywhere on their guide, it makes their guide look poor quality. Because the coloring doesn't match the other colors, if you know what i exactly mean.

So, you should use the following colors, since they match each other. The colors are based on 3.

- Red
- Orange
- Yellow

These work together.

Use colors wisely, make sure you use colors from darker to less darker. So it looks decent and matching, something like this too:

- Blue
- Skyblue
- Cyan

Step 5, last step: Sizes & Font

Make sure you use a good size for your text, i usually use from 1-4 max. No one would make a guide with text size of 7, because i seen people do it and makes their guide look really poor quality and not neat.

For fonts, i recommend you make your text bold and italic, makes it neat. If you wish to use some font for your text, make sure it looks suitable and neat for it.

- Call Me Aj
Back to top Go down

[Guide] How To Make A Guide
Page 1 of 1